Old 24-03-2014, 03:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default ID mystery plant

On Monday, March 24, 2014 5:41:53 AM UTC-7, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Higgs Boson said:

I don't know where it came from,but it is sowing itself in several places.

At the moment, it is setting seed, so long seed-bearing spike - picture

not good enough to show.

Picture I (hope) I uploaded to NG is before seed.

Would REALLY love ID.

Where is this mystery plant located?

Front of house. North facing.

No flowers yet. Tbis and similar ones have been in the garden for over a year, but this is the first time the one in front is setting seed.

What did the flowers look like?

Don't know. None as yet.

(Tubular, some number of petals, etc.) This would help to pin down a

family for the mystery plant.

Grateful for reply, but have no other info. Hope picture was clear?

HB

Pat in Plymouth MI