Old 24-03-2014, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Desperate Help To Kill Grass

In article
(Dan.Espen) writes:

Yeah, I hesitated to mention Roundup.
We have some posters here that get irrational.
Nothing at all wrong with it when used for the right way.
When a pro comes in to give you a new lawn, they kill the old lawn/weeds
with Roundup. A little later they put in seeds, and new then nice new lawn.
New grass grows, right after the terrible Roundup.
Go figure.

Roundup is taken up by green leaves and (as I recall) no longer
works once dry. So by the time the old lawn is dead, so is the
Killer Power. I mostly reserve it for poison ivy.

A membrane has to be something like landscape cloth.

That was my take. Otherwise I'd suggest a flame weeder. If the
area is soaked well first, a flame weeder may still work. It works
wonders at clearing my back fence (chain link), where the neighbors
let everything grow up. (I think they'd rather look at tall weeds
than my sloppy gardens.)

--
Drew Lawson So risk all or don't risk anything
You can lose all the same