Old 25-03-2014, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Leeks Again

My leeks are now coming through very slowly. I have a couple of questions:

Are they susceptible to damping off? What do people use now that Cheshunt
Compound is no longer sold?

When they sprout there appears to be two shoots from each seed. I can now see
that the shoot is in fact a loop as one of them has sprung apart. The part of
the shoot which has sprung apart seems slightly yellow. Does this become the
main growing point of the seedling - or does it fall away?

Should I feed the seedlings in any way?