Old 25-03-2014, 11:48 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Impregnating a tree stump for burning out?

On 23/03/2014 23:50, MattyF wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:32:35 +0000, harryagain wrote:

You can buy a fungus to infect it with.
Gets rid of most stumps (by rotting) in a couple of years. Forestry
people use it.

I went for a walk in the forest and collected all kinds of rotten timber.
I put that on top of my tree stump, and after a few months it went rotten
and was easily chopped out with a pick axe.

I'm glad it worked for you. In principle, it's a good idea, but you
could have introduced Honey Fungus or other problems. I wouldn't
recommend it.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London