Old 26-03-2014, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Beets me ...

We now have more space for storage of food ... and my wife found my
grandmother's pickled beet recipe in her file box . Guess what I planted
today ?
I got some lettuce romaine and iceberg , spinach , and bok choy in the
ground a couple of days ago , maybe this year we'll get some before it bolts
.. Fruit trees are in at the nursery , just awaiting funds to pick them up .
Beekeeper class has been confirmed , funding for hive coming with tree funds
.. The garden enlargement project is coming along , I'll be ready by
last-frost date to get it all planted .
Right now I have 18 'mater plants , some red peppers and eggplants that
are doing well . Onions and all the green stuff I tried to start early have
been pretty disappointing ... but now I know .
--
Snag
Just my luck , as the weather warms