Old 26-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Gordon Couger

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

"Michael Percy" wrote in message
Jim Webster wrote:

a fine summer in the SE and you could get up as high as 20

Sure, I'd say in a fine summer (warm, sunny) you could get potential
transpiration rates rather higher than that in south england! But you are
right, east anglia would be about 20 inch ETpot in a typical summer ...
with the ETpot for the winter yet to add.

No wonder that you psycho buddy chilled when it dawned to him out what it
was, he had been wishing for .. to be 'blessed' with just 10" of rainfall
spread evenly through the year to roughly 'match' evapotranspiration
....lol... in a 20" ETpot area.

I don't know if water evaporates at 20 degrees My record high temperature
is 50
C. For water budgets try google and search for 'cotton water budget' you
will get plenty and 'UK wheat "water budget" ' brings up a bunch as well.

Gordon