Old 26-03-2014, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default Planting tree in plastic pot

I bought quite a large (4 feet high) Magnolia from Lidl,
essentially because I planted a Magnolia several years ago
which has never flowered, while this one has flowers on it.

The magnolia is in a large (about 1ft in diameter) plastic pot,
and I'm wondering what is the best way to plant this.
Should I put it in a hole and then cut the pot to remove it,
or should I take it out of the pot and then put it in the hole?
What do experts usually do?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net