Old 27-03-2014, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default ?m1 Mountfield Rotorvator

Lesley wrote

After reading just about every thing I can on rotavators before I buy one I
have come to the conclusion that it is not so much the b&s engine there are
far to many very good reports on them maybe its just that mountfield
rotavators as a hole are shit.

One of the cheaper makes and with all garden machinery you get what you pay
for.
Depends how much you want to spend?
I've got a Honda one (Eqv F220) that I've had for many years and it starts
first pull even after being laid up for months and all I've ever done is
change the oil, spares are also available which is handy because I've worn
out one set of tines and replaced them.
http://www.honda.co.uk/garden/tillers/
Viking are part of the Stihl group and they also make tillers.
http://www.vikingmowers.co.uk/VIKING...0/Tillers.aspx

If you can get one that you can adjust the handles sideways so you don't
have to walk on what you have tilled then so much the better.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.