Old 27-03-2014, 03:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Pond Repair HELP

emma.watson wrote:

Prepare the area to be repaired by cleaning it thoroughly with a wire brush.
Mix only a small amount of cement at a time.

Made of cement it is NOT a pond, that's a *pool*.

To be a pond it must have a *natural* water source (such as a stream
or spring) and it must have an overflow outlet. Anything filled and
emptied manually is a pool... even a depression filled by rain and/or
run off but hasn't an overflow outlet is still a pool, typically
vernal pools... I've several vernal pools on my property and I have a
large spring fed pond that empties into a creek. A man made
depression, cement or plastic tub, filled with a hose is NOT a pond.
http://www.vernalpool.org/vpinfo_1.htm