Old 27-03-2014, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default water fountain repair help

On 3/27/2014 5:30 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:56:40 +0100, zuhayr-123
wrote:

hi all.
i recently broke my fiberglass water fountain and now there is a huge
circle of about 2-3" in the top tier.
i wanted to know if there are any products out there for me to fix it.
ive seen clays and puttys that will fix cracks but what i have is far
from a crack. i want to fix it asap as the birds usually come and drink
from it and not from our bird table :P

i would be looking forward to all your replies.
and thanks in advance !

An auto body shop or boat shop will be able to help you, if you can
bring your fountain (or just the damaged section) they will likely
repair it good as new (even match the color) at very low cost. If you
buy a fiberglass patch kit you may botch it and you won't be able to
easily match the color... you may even make it worse. If it's
important to you I strongly suggest you let a professional do the
repair.

Picture would help. Interior patch may not show otherwise, googling and
seeing lots of different colors, I would second your suggestion.