Old 29-03-2014, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Akebia quinata alba

On 2014-03-27 18:03:46 +0000, Spider said:

On 27/03/2014 17:26, sacha wrote:
snip

I hope, then, that I can find a gc with both colour forms, so probably
not my local one. Must remember to take my nose with me, which
doesn't always work :~(. I'd like to sample the scent before I buy,
if poss.
Am I to assume, because of the common name Chocolate Vine, that the
scent is chocolatey?

Ours may still be flowering when you come because it does go on for a
long time and Ray would probably find you a 'baby', if he has any
spares. I find the chocolate coloured one quite chocolatey but not
madly so, not as much as the chocolate Cosmos, for example.

Oooh, I hope yours will be flowering. It would be lovely to sample
the scent you have enthused over. If Ray happens to stumble across a
'baby' sprig of vine, I would be very happy to give it a home, so
thank you for the thought. If said sprig doesn't materialise, then
that's okay too. I'm sure we'll be staggering home under the weight of
some plants from your tempting emporium. Looking forward to it.

I'll ask him about it today when he gets off the potting machine!!

Thank you, Sacha. Do pass on my best wishes to Ray.

Will do and he reciprocates. And he's put an Akebia aside for you.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com