Old 30-03-2014, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Why don't people ask beforehand?

"kay" wrote in message ...

David Hill;1000415 Wrote:

Or bad advice, or conflicting advice.
Or try too remember what the book said about cutting back by 2/3rds, or

was it to 3 buds?
Not forgetting to cut out everything in the middle to let light in and
cut out the old and leave in the new, well I'm sure it was for some sort

of fruit, and apple and pear are fruit so it should be OK.
Oh to hell with them, I'll pull them up and but from Tesco.

Or advice which tells you WHAT to do but not WHY?

I know some people just want to be told "what" but I certainly find it
easier to remember if I know why I'm supposed to be doing it. And I'm a
lot more likely to obey ;-)

--
kay

When I was teaching I used to try to adopt the following old Chinese proverb

""“Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll
understand.”"

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk