Old 31-03-2014, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Another article in Garden ...

On 30/03/14 15:57, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:36:26 +0100, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
I suspect you wrote that a bit tongue in cheek but it is noticeable that the
Red Kites and the Buzzards are both spreading along the motorway network as
are the wild orchids.

I often see buzzards perched on motorway lights, but I'm not
sure that red kites are following motorways. The received wisdom
around here (Bristol and south Cotswolds) is that red kites
are spreading from the Chilterns to the north Cotswolds and
then southwards.

In the 1960s there used to be sheep eating the grass at Schiphol Airport.

Recently I've seen sheep on two runways, and cows on another.
Yes, they ought to be removed before operations begin, but
folklore has it that occasionally they aren't - with "amusingly"
gruesome results.