Old 26-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Oz

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

Gordon Couger writes

http://www.life.uiuc.edu/plantbio/wimovac/newpage11.htm
This model should work any where.

A splendid piece of work, pulling together a whole lot of useful stuff.

Getting the required parameters for a single UK field for a single year
of weather, though, would be a bit of a mission. If I were one of the
huge carrot growers on sand (eg round newmarket) I would get these guys
in to do soil analysis in depth for each field on the farm and install
remote weather equipment for each field or block.

Then a simple computer model would give me day-by-day information on the
irrigation need. Of course nobody else in the UK would be aware it was
even being done, let alone get a sight of the data.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.