Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default greenhouse growing

On 03/04/2014 13:09, kerrygirl wrote:
Hello,

This year I have my first greenhouse. At the moment I'm growing
marigolds, pansies, lobelia,etc. My question is can I also at the same
time grow fruit and vegetables? Are there any diseases that can go from
flowers to the veg and vice versa or must I have a separate house for
each. I would really apppreciate some help.

Can anyone suggest a good book on greenhouse growing please.

It would help if you told us the size of the greenhouse.
In a 20 ft house I have a bench running up the south side and will be
growing tomatoes, peppers cucumbers and possibly strawberries in the
soil on the north side, though it's not such a good idea to mix tomatoes
and cucumbers they require different atmospheres
David @ a damp side of Swansea Bay