Old 05-04-2014, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Planting with milk cartons on window Sill

On 05/04/2014 13:19, Gary Woods wrote:
"T Bentley" wrote:

Is there any reason as to why I cannot cut down and put compost in 1 pint
plastic milk cartons, since their rectangular shape means I can get more on.

No problem at all; on this side of the pond milk cartons are cardboard with
some sort of plastic coating. I nip off the 4 bottom corners and the top
with a serrated knife, fill with potting mix and have at it.
I use SWMBO's half-pint cream cartons for small plants, and half-gallon
milk cartons for nice big tomato plants.

Or you could just buy Square pots, and you can get trays to fit them.
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=Square+p...revid=45644910