Old 05-04-2014, 03:46 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicron85 View Post
well as i said we already have a plan for what we would like to do the garden, ive started in one corner anyway and i plan on ripping out the horrible eyesore that is there. there is also obviously nothing in this garden that i would like to keep it wasn't very well looked after before we moved here. would a swamp cypress grow in the uk??
Yes, it'll grow in the UK, but it's a huge tree - I'm not recommending it!

How bad is your drainage problem - how deep does the water get? How often? How long does it take to drain away? Is there anywhere for it to drain to, or is your garden at the lowest point? My garden gets up to 6inches deep at the bottom end, but it drains away within 24 hours, so I don't worry about it, and just make sure I don't grow plants that like good drainage.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Is your soil sandy or clay-ey? How well will it hold moisture in the summer?