Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default I'm new here, I may be asking for help from time to time

On 05/04/2014 11:36, unicron85 wrote:

Hi everyone Mey self and my partenr have just moved into a new property
and now have our very own garden I would like some help or tips or
whatever you can provide me with, I have a few problems here the garden
gets quite wet, when i say wet i mean it has sort of a mini flood when
it rains so to me it seems i need something in the garden that drinks a
lot. (any recommendations?)

also Im ripping out everything to start freshthe bushes in this garden
are horrible, we already have a basic idea of what we want to do tio the
garden ill post pics of the garden soon.

so yeah thanks for takiung the time to read this.

Welcome to uk.rec.gardening (via garden banter) and congratulations on
gaining a garden.

To help us deal with your problems and answer your questions, it would
help to know roughly where you live and what type of soil you have. It
does sound like very heavy clay or improved clay which has become
compacted, but it could be that you have moved to a flood plain (the 'L'
is silent, and pronouced 'pain'). Forgive my sense of humour, but we've
all seen pictures of flooded homes and gardens, so I hope yours is safe
from that fate. It may be that you just need to improve drainage.

Pictures of the garden as a whole and shrubs individually would help.
Not everything that looks horrible now will necessarily be horrible
later, so hold fire on all that 'ripping' until you know what you've
got. There are plants that cope well with wet conditions, so I'm sure
everyone here will have suggestions. Perhaps you could give an idea of
the size of the overall garden as well as the soggy area, so we know
whether to suggest trees, shrubs or herbaceous plants for the problem area.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London