Old 08-04-2014, 01:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Oh noes! Does!

On 4/8/2014 8:15 AM, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
FIVE of them across the road, feeding on the buds / twigs of apple
trees. That's more at one time than I've ever seen before.

I was hoping the harsh winter would have hit them hard. Perhaps
some fool has been feeding them?

I chased 5 of them out of the back yard this morning.
I too hoped winter might have knocked a few off. My wife won't let me
hunt them and it is illegal to hunt within 200 yards of an occupied
residence.

With all the snow, they have been particularly hard on ivy around my house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnBxKALmpPU