Old 26-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Oz

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

Gordon Couger writes

The more I learn about the EU and UK the more baffled I am by the way they
do things. You sit on an island and twice in the last century your food
supply was nearly cut off by the Germans and you don't consider agriculture
important to support a minimal research effort.

This is so. That's because 99% of the population are more than 3
generations away from any farming activity. I am, for example. Food is
what you buy in a supermarket, and it's always overflowing with produce.

And always will, right?

In this country baring a
volcanic eruption that distorts the climate for 2 or 3 years or a drought of
biblical magnitude we have no problems with food security and we put a petty
high value on agriculture research and cut the farmer a lot more slack than
he really disserves.

Maybe. Sounds like nirvana to me.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.