Old 08-04-2014, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default mammillaria microhelia

In article , Willi_9 Willi_9.db7b76
writes

How large is it? I don't want to be rude but in the picture it looks
just like M elongata (which is a much less prestigious cactus).

You're probably right, I changed the name already in all my files. I had
found the name in a book along with a picture that quite matched my
cactus. And 'microhelia' was quoted as a typical beginners' cactus. So I
thought it might be that.

I'm not an expert and there are an awful lot of Mamillarias. These two
species could be closely related. Anyway it's a healthy cactus and a
good picture of it.
--
Sue ]