Old 09-04-2014, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Eyes and plants

In article ,
lid says...

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 00:37:35 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

I'm wondering if it's time to wear protecting eye wear if I go anywhere near
plants.

Worth it if you're doing a risky task.

National Trust for Scotland provides protective eye wear for all their
gardeners, paid and volunteer.

How do they stop the protective goggles steaming up on a cold day?

The side pieces are a fine-mesh plastic ventilated shield. I wear mine
over my glasses and no big problem with steaming up.. certainly not in
cold weather. I only wear them when working in undergrowth, pruning
etc (TBH it's as much to protect the expensive lenses of my own glasses
from getting scratched) and in among a couple of specific plants.

Janet