Old 09-04-2014, 05:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default How remove dead grass.

On Monday, April 7, 2014 3:48:37 PM UTC-7, songbird wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

songbird wrote:

what is the area used for?

Nothing. It's just a space between two

planting beds, which have borders

separating them from the DG space.

so you want to add more of a material

which isn't doing the job to a place that

serves no purpose?

Ouch! True, bu painful Have struggled with that area over time.

if you want something which does the

job better use a weed barrier or landscape

fabric and then put a larger sized rock

on top of that deeply enough that it won't

sprout as many grass seeds.

You're absolutely right, Songie; I was just looking for specific

input on how to get rid of existing dead grass (preferably with minimum
energy output g)

Sidebar: This grass sprouted in area where not usual; we actually had a decent RAIN a few weeks ago. It's April now; little hope of more; "season" usually ended in March, but all bets are off now; State is in full drought panic mode.

Wish they would consult with Israel; world leader in water conservation and RO
(reverse osmosis) = getting water from the sea. Faut de mieux, they're always exploring other options.

Joke: Israelis complaining that "God", after those "40 years" wandering in the desert landed them in a place with no oil and no water.

HB