Old 09-04-2014, 10:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default How remove dead grass.

Higgs Boson wrote:
About 2 weeks ago I sucked up my principles and applied R*****d Up
to a 6 x 15 DG (decomposed granite) area that had become
grass/weedy. The growth obediently died. Now I don't know now to
get rid of it so I can lay down more DG. Should I scrape with a
flat blade shovel, or is there an easier way, or...?

How tall was the growth? If fairly short, say less than 8" within
about 10 days it will mostly decay and shouldn't take more than an
hour to yank most out by hand (wear gloves). Or obtain one or those
propane weeding torches and burn it out effortlessly in less than
twenty minutes... with the torch you didn't need the R*****d Up.
http://tinyurl.com/ksr5xa2
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1gfl6y1ez0_b