Old 26-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Michelle Fulton

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

"Oz" wrote in message

It has been a necessary part of UK government to have absolutely no
foresight whatsoever. For an example please see continued disarmament in
the face of the rise of hitler.

My mother, who was in germany both three years before war started (and a
few months before) was totally sure that war was inevitable three years
beforehand. She was also present at one of the later rallies and was
well aware of the power that hitler could wield.

What do you suppose causes this. When did England turn into a country of
unrealistically strong traditions for "civility" and non-aggression
and....well...."head in the sand" government policy? I'm sure it had to do
with the reign of one monarch or another. I'm not making fun either.....it
really seems to be a condition.