Old 11-04-2014, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Finally!

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:40:07 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

[]

They do a hay cut at the end of summer, then its all hand raked piled
and removed, they have dozens of people doing it, I think some of the
hay is spread on areas they are turning over to meadow elsewhere, what
they do with the rest I can't remember, but I do remember Christopher
Lloyd telling me it was done by hand and Fergus years later telling me
it still was.

Thanks for this, and to David and Janet also. "Dozens of people" sounds
like what it would take; a resource I'm unlikely to have available sadly!
I suppose I could look into a really small baler, but it seems like a lot
of expense and extra work...

cheers,

-E

--