Old 26-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Jim Webster

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

Oz wrote in message
Gordon Couger writes

There is work being done that will do just that. It is probably

possible to
do it right now. The difficult part is the soil moisture sensor.

In the UK, this isn't really a problem. All soils reach field capacity
at some time during the winter (or in jim's case are permanently

there).

if we have dry soil a foot down then it has been a drought. I remember
once dry soil three feet down, which is unheard of and was after the big
drought in the 70s.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

After that it's merely a matter of monitoring transpiration and

knowing
how much deficit you can get away with.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be

accepted.