Old 12-04-2014, 05:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default bits of spring

David Hare-Scott wrote:
I am lucky, no hive required. I have more than you can shake a stick at.

plus there are ways of setting up things
to encourage other species of bees too other
than just the honey bee. no hives needed
for many of them. we have a species of bee
that likes to use the electrical plug outlets
in the garage as nesting sites. the holes
in the shop vac that are countersunk down a
bit had some action last year too as when
we used it the other day several of those
holes were packed with mud.

songbird