Old 12-04-2014, 05:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default bits of spring

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Derald wrote:

Honeybees have discovered the second-year onions, to my chagrin,
but in no great number. I won't begin discouraging them unless they
find the brassica (many, but not all, are in full flower and/or
setting seeds) which, along with the onions, are pretty much all the
solitary bees and the wasps have available in the garden this time of
year.

Why is it a problem if the bees work on your veges?

Derald favors native bees over the honey bee.

here i see such a wide variety of bee species
that i don't worry about it at all. the bees i've
seen the most of recently do look like the honey
bee.

"Discovered" an abandoned bathtub which I shall move into the
garden this weekend and prepare to receive its blessings. Maybe
tomatoes will go into it.

Make sure it drains well, if the drain gets plugged you may drown your
veges.

rubber ducky weather.

songbird