Old 26-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Jim Webster

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

Gordon Couger wrote in message

honestly don't know. Staff in agricultural colleges are worried as

the
courses change towards golf and equestrian. I suspect that we have

so
few universities that do agriculture (Reading, Newcastle, Wye,
Nottingham, Bangor are the ones that spring to mind but I haven't

looked
at a prospectus for a generation) that they can fund themselves with
foriegn research. I know Reading used to take an awful lot of

students
from Africa and the commonwealth.

Our hydrology department was nearly half Chinese grad students once.

UK universities do do a lot of recruiting overseas, always have.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Gordon.