Old 12-04-2014, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default bits of spring

Derald wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Why is it a problem if the bees work on your veges?

I meant, specifically, imported honeybees. We get them in these
parts primarily because of the local concentration of blueberry farms.
I give precedence to native bees and wasps, provide "nests" for them
and prefer to feed them instead of the honeybees. Honeybees roaming
at large in the environment are not the unmitigated gift from the
heavens that generations of indoctrination would have us believe but,
then, what is, eh?.

What exactly is the drawback with honeybees?

More to the point what coual you do about them?