Old 13-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Humectant Humectant is offline
Registered User

Default Harrier 56 Throttle

Hi all, im wondering if i can pick some of your brains a touch.

I acquired a Hayter Harrier 56 today from a friend as my mower gave up the ghost. The Harrier has been sat around for over 5 years maybe more so i stripped the carb down cleaned out the fuel bowl and unstuck the float jet. Spark plug cleaned and flushed out the tank.

Anyways, it starts lovely but with one issue, i have 2 throttle speeds. Flat out trying to destroy itself or off (oh and choke as well which is a bit of a better running speed).

all the top controls on the carb are free and work with the cables apart from one which has a link bar to the back of the engine which is quite slack on the spring and never returns close but if i put some return springyness on it with a rubber band i still only have 2 speeds.

am i looking at a stuck jet/needle inside the carb?