Old 13-04-2014, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Sudden Daff problems

On 2014-04-12 21:03:53 +0000, David Hill said:

This has occurred with some of my older daffs in the last few days
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1ead4ec4.jpg

I can't say I've ever seen anything like it before,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps21a1cb48.jpg

They have had nothing applied either as liquid or as any form of fertilizer.
Anyone got any ideas?
David @ a rain free side of Swansea bay

Did they flower at all? I know we had a similar problems with daffs
under the cedar tree here and I was given the name of a disease that
had affected them. I'm afraid I can't remember the name but it caused
the leaves to emerge and almost immediately turn brown from the tips
downwards and of course, there were no flowers.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com