Old 14-04-2014, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default The orchard has landed ...

I finished planting trees yesterday , our orchard now consists of :
2 pear trees , Anjou and Bartlett
2 apple trees , red del and honeycrisp
1 red haven peach tree
3 cherries , a bing , a black tartarian and a northstar pie cherry
There are also at LEAST 16 wild muscadine vines in the area cleared for
the orchard . I will be training some of them to a one-wire trellis system ,
not sure what to do about the rest . Along with the greatly increased garden
space for this year and the machine shop I'm going to be one busy "Gentleman
Farmer" .
--
Snag