Old 15-04-2014, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Some very sad news

"sacha" wrote

I'm sorry to have to tell his friends on urg that David Poole died today in
Birmingham where he had gone to be with his family for Christmas. He'd been
ill in hospital since Christmas and things had been very up and down all
this time. Lately, things were looking a little more optimistic and he
really believed he'd be coming back to Torquay but sadly, that was not to
be. He will be very much missed by us and all who knew him, as a kind and
generous friend, always ready to help with his time and enormous botanical
expertise. We're feeling very sad tonight and I know many others will feel
the same.

Oh my God that is dreadful news. Whilst we haven't seen him on here as much
as he used to post I had corresponded with him a few times and we had
exchanged some plants in the past. At least he was with his family.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.