Old 15-04-2014, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Some very sad news

On 2014-04-15 18:02:21 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"sacha" wrote

Bob Hobden said:

"sacha" wrote

I'm sorry to have to tell his friends on urg that David Poole died
today in Birmingham where he had gone to be with his family for
Christmas. He'd been ill in hospital since Christmas and things had
been very up and down all this time. Lately, things were looking a
little more optimistic and he really believed he'd be coming back to
Torquay but sadly, that was not to be. He will be very much missed by
us and all who knew him, as a kind and generous friend, always ready to
help with his time and enormous botanical expertise. We're feeling very
sad tonight and I know many others will feel the same.

Oh my God that is dreadful news. Whilst we haven't seen him on here as
much as he used to post I had corresponded with him a few times and we
had exchanged some plants in the past. At least he was with his family.

I hope they were with him, Bob but I don't know. He'd had several 'near
misses' over these last few months. The sad irony is that just as I was
taking the call that told me this horrible news, Ray was outside,
taking delivery of all the plants from David's garden which we'd said
we'd look after for him until he was able to return. The friends of his
delivering them still don't know of his death because they'd left by
the time Ray told me they'd been and gone.

Oh how awful, they will have such a shock. And what does Ray do with
Dave's plants now? Just gets worse.

We'll wait to see if he made any requests or decisions and then, if
not, if any of his friends or family want them, we'll arrange for them
to get them. Some are not in a good state because they haven't been
looked after since Christmas.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com