Old 16-04-2014, 08:53 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider[_3_] View Post
On 15/04/2014 17:59, sacha wrote:
I'm sorry to have to tell his friends on urg that David Poole died today
in Birmingham where he had gone to be with his family for Christmas.
He'd been ill in hospital since Christmas and things had been very up
and down all this time. Lately, things were looking a little more
optimistic and he really believed he'd be coming back to Torquay but
sadly, that was not to be. He will be very much missed by us and all
who knew him, as a kind and generous friend, always ready to help with
his time and enormous botanical expertise. We're feeling very sad
tonight and I know many others will feel the same.

Oh that's very sad, Sacha. Although I didn't know him personally, it
was impossible not to recognise that he was a significant and very
knowledgeable member of urg, always willing to help. His family and
friends have my sympathy.
Yes, sad news. I always valued his posts, and remember meeting him at an early urgmeet.