Old 17-04-2014, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Rhubarb and The big allotment challenge

On 2014-04-17 11:22:22 +0000, Martin said:

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:49:37 +0100, mogga wrote:

I think every rhubarb I've seen had had at least one flower spike on.
The very mild winter may be to blame?

the new show: The big allotment challenge had them all making rhubarb
curd, or rhubarb and custard curd this week!

What do you think about the concept of the show? Will it boost waiting
lists of people expecting a weed free newly dug plot?

I suspect that after the first episode only bored non-gardeners will watch it.

I'd think any wannaba allotmenteer will run screaming in the opposite
direction if they think they have to make hand-tied posies and jams
etc. to be called 'proper' allotment holders.

I am bewildered by the desire to have 3 matching radishes - showing
veg isn't for me.
We grow our own because it tastes better than the uniform looking
stuff the supermarkets sell.
It was interesting to see the variety of radishes but not enough for
made of that.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk