Old 17-04-2014, 07:07 PM
The instructor The instructor is offline
Registered User

Location: Northern Ireland

[quote=Frank;1000940]On 4/16/2014 7:52 PM, Bob F wrote:
The instructor wrote:
It occours to me that we would all like the finish of a cylinder mower
but most wont Pay the price tag. If cylinder mowers were the same
price as rotarys, would you buy one or is price the only issue??

Do you mean a reel mower? Why would anyone want to use one of those?

Yes. Had to look it up myself. There are motorized ones. Advantage is
cleaner cut but disadvantage is having to cut more often. I've never
seen a motorized one in the US and last reel mower I saw a couple of
years ago was being pushed by an Amish woman.[/QUOTE

They've moved on a bit...

Garden Dreams: Reel Mower | Chiot's Run

Jacobsen Eclipse 118 (Fixed head) Hybrid | Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd | Pedestrian mowers | What Kit?