Old 18-04-2014, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Winters_Lackey Winters_Lackey is offline

Default Guerilla gardening

Does anyone here plant in areas that they are not authorized to plant?

This year, I had a lot of little raspberry shoots out in the yard, and I
decided to dig them up and plant them instead of just mowing them down.
There is a park near here that had an section that was used for dumping old
broken up concrete and leaves vacuumed off the streets. The surrounding
area has improved a lot, and they no longer dump stuff there, but they
never really cleaned it up. So, I planted raspberries in several places.
My hope is that they'll spread. That was about a week ago.

Then today I got my replacement tree from Gurney's for the one that died (a
Goldrush). For some reason, they threw in an extra free tree, a Pixie
Crunch. Lovely apples, but the two I have are impossible to keep totally
free of rust because there are lots of cedar trees on this block.

Have you guessed where I'm going? Yep, I took the tree to the park and
planted it. I am the guerilla gardener.

--
--Bryan
"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."