Old 19-04-2014, 02:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Bluebells (blue)

"Grenou" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Grenou" wrote

Such a pretty colour and the scent is wonderful :-)

Look like the more robust Spanish bluebells to me Hyacinthoides hispanica
or
a hybrid of, rather than English bluebells H. non-scripta which have all
the
flowers on the same side of the stem and are usually more deeper blue.

Many years ago I planted some species Scilla but now they all appear to have
gone and been replaced by hybrid Spanish bluebells of various colour which I
certainly did not plant.
My surname is actually a Sussex name, and the reason I put a rough idea of
where I am in the world as a signature is so that others can then put any
gardening comments I make into context. Helps stop arguments. :-)

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.