Old 19-04-2014, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis woes

In article ,
kay wrote:

I used to think I was getting wilt on clematis - lengths of stem just
flopping and keeling over. Then I realised it was snails having gnawed
on the skin of the stem some distance below. Now I make sure I don't
prune within 4-6 ft of the ground, so that everything up to that height
is woody rather than green and tender. But I don't expect you get snail
problems where you are.

Don't bet on it :-( That's worth looking at - thanks.

Regards,
Nick.