Old 22-04-2014, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly W[_2_] Nelly W[_2_] is offline

Default Beautiful tree in bloom

On 4/14/2014 5:11 PM, Willie Norse wrote:
From the central Oregon coast. Anyone have an idea what this one is?

Thanks ahead of time!

Willie

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/303/xjdr.jpg

My g'mother called hers Japanese flowering cherry. Sorry, I never
bothered to look up the species. I remember the ground under the tree
being covered by this solid pink blanket after the petals fell - one
that as a kid I'd wallow in. -Not quite as comfy as diving into a big
pile of raked autumn leaves, but definitely more luxuriant.
At least, I *think* it's the same tree.