Old 23-04-2014, 12:02 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"Nick Maclaren" wrote ..
Roger Tonkin wrote:
Spent yesterday clearing out an area of mint that had gone
wild. Collected up all the roots in a bag to take to recycling.
Looked for it today and swmbo told me she had tidied up and
emptied the bag onto the compost heap for me!

What are my chances of being able to use this compost (autumn
2015 would be the time), or have I got to just get rid of the
whole lot?

Well, I compost such things, and have done for 30+ years.
Very few roots survive the compost heap - bluebells are the
most likely to, in my experience.

And Iris roots too.
And peach stones. Always have lots of peach seedlings in my compost.