Old 23-04-2014, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Ping Spider.

On 2014-04-23 16:12:50 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:

"Spider" wrote in message
On 22/04/2014 20:01, David Hill wrote:
You were right when you said that this is Ribies speciosum
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps94687668.jpg

I was wondering how many here had come across it.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay

I've been aware of this shrub for many years, though I've never owned
it. I have a close local friend who has one, so I 'met' it for the
first time about 12yrs ago. It is very attractive, isn't it?

It is easy to confuse it with a Fuchsia, as my friend did, but the
currant leaves give it away, and the thorns offer a clue.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else on urg recognises it.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

I have a biggish one of these on a wall, nice thing, tough as they
come, poor fruit crops but hey you can't have everything!

Ray confirms we did have that one but can't remember exactly when. We
think - but it's only a notion - that we might have lost it in 2001
when it was very wet.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com