Old 24-04-2014, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Ping Spider.

On 2014-04-22 19:01:04 +0000, David Hill said:

You were right when you said that this is Ribies speciosum
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps94687668.jpg

I was wondering how many here had come across it.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay

I think we had that in the garden several years ago and lost it in a
cold wet winter. But I'll check that with Ray. I can't remember exactly
where we got it from (if I've got the right plant) but maybe Trevena
Cross. It's a very handsome plant, imo.

They are most handsome. Mind you, if you mistake it for a Fuchsia and
handle it unwarned, you may get an unpleasant surprise.
I would like to grow one, but most of my suitable sites are already
occupied. I believe it enjoys a little bit of shelter.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London