Old 25-04-2014, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default To crock or not to crock?

I've got several quite old terracotta pots that were given me by an
elderly gent who'd once been a market gardener. They all have single
good drainage holes and I normally put a flattish stone or a bit of
broken pot or polystyrene packing in the bottom, mainly to stop compost
falling straight out or washing through, rather than for extra drainage.

Saw this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-27126160
and wondered if I should really try something else - bit of old cotton
cloth or something? Used tea-bag?

This article from last year by biologist Ken Thompson is on the same theme:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...otty-idea.html

So do you crock or not?

--
Sue