Old 26-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Marko Marko is offline
Registered User

Default Garden problem

I would be grateful for any sound advice to my current garden issue. I moved into my property 18 months ago and the garden had been poorly maintained, overgrown and heavily populated by weeds. Last year I trimmed and mowed and added evergreen complete using the push along seed disperser, this had mixed results. Despite following the instructions to the letter and regular watering and mowing the lawn was just did not meet expectations. I have purposely left the lawn so far this year to see what I am up against.
Perhaps this is incorrect but seem to recall May being perfect for undertaking gardening work. I am hoping to get started this week and have a lawn fit for my young children to enjoy throughout summer. Any recommendations for archiving the best results are very welcome. I am open to using pesticides (or perhaps not?).
At my previous address I had a similar problem, to remedy I stripped the turf, rotovated, allowed regrowth and treated before adding top soil and turf. I was very happy with the results but it was tough work and extreamly time consuming. Although this garden is much smaller my time is sparse with a young family. This said I'm not shy of getting stuck in, if returfing or reseeding is the only way, so be it. I have tried to attach some photos, if not here I will post later. Many thanks for any suggestions.
Marko.