Old 26-04-2014, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default OT R 4 this morning

On 2014-04-26 10:48:43 +0000, Martin said:

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 11:07:41 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 11:28:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

Nobody wants happy heroin addicts.

I spent my later teenage years with couple who were heroin addicts.
She got pregnant so they gave up the drug. Their daughter is now a mum
and they are happy registered ex-addicts by about 40 years.

The near neighbour's teenager who took everything including LSD is now 40 and
spends most of his time as a patient in mental hospitals.

BTW they found heroin fairly easy to give up. OTOH they are still
addicted to nicotine.

Nicotine is supposed to be one of the most addictive drugs known. I gave up
smoking. It was one of the hardest things I ever did. I wasn't
surprised to read
that nicotine is more addictive than heroin and cocaine. The question is why do
so many continue using them?

Hypnosis helped me tremendously in giving up smoking. But on a radio
programme I heard someone who worked with drug users says that nobody
ever (in his long experience) went onto hard drugs unless they'd first
smoked cigarettes.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com