Old 26-04-2014, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default trailing perennials

On 2014-04-26 16:59:13 +0000, Emery Davis said:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:31:41 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

I have just built a retaining wall (about 2 foot high) in my son's
garden. It faces south and we are looking for something to trail down
over the brickwork. Whatever we choose will probably need to look after
itself, but not spread too much. Aubrieta springs to mind. Dianthus
alpinus, Geranium cinereum, Helianthemum maybe? Any other low
maintenance suggestions? TIA

We have a euphorbia that trails out nicely from our wall, also willowleaf
cotoneaster, flowers, berries, evergreen. There are a few sedums that do
OK, mesembryantheum, aubretia is great stuff.

And how could I forget the charming and lovable Erigeron karvinskianus.
If that takes one will have it for ever and joyfully so.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com